|| $19.72 hourly
| UNION AFFILIATION:
|| Local 589
|| Heavy Rail Transportation
|| A valid Driver's License is required.
| SAFETY SENSITIVE:
|| This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Incumbents will be subject to periodic random drug & alcohol testing.
| ESSENTIAL CLASSIFICATION:
|| During declared States of Emergencies, employees working in this classification are required to report to work for their assigned work hours or as directed by supervisory personnel.
The Part-time Motorperson will ensure the timely and safe operation of subway trains by reporting to work on-time to ensure established service schedules are met and by opening and closing train doors to ensure the safe boarding and unloading of passengers at various MBTA locations
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate a heavy rail vehicle along assigned line.
- Operate signal systems according to Authority guidelines.
- Report mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Make stop announcements during runs and collect any lost articles on trains.
- Prepare accident reports, vehicle and wayside defect reports when necessary and distribute to the proper
- Assist the line officials in rectifying problems with his/her train when emergency conditions warrant this
- Work under occasional supervision.
- Follow MBTA guidelines and procedures, referring any problems or unusual occurrences to their
- Be familiar with the MBTA Safety Plan as well as the Part-time Streetcar Motorperson job responsibilities
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a courteous and professional
- Work any and all shifts and/or locations as assigned or directed.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, collective bargaining agreements (if applicable) and policies of the
Authority including the EEO, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment and Anti-Retaliation policies.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
- Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent (G.E.D.).
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Ability to successfully complete validated selection exam.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- A satisfactory driving record for at least two (2) years prior to the date of hire.
- A satisfactory non-renew display for tickets report from the Massachusetts Registry of Motor
- Ability to pass background screenings including criminal background check, driving record check,
educational verification, employment verification and references.
- Ability to pass selection interview.
- Ability to meet the MBTA medical qualifying standards established for this position, including a drug
and alcohol test.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, speak and respond to instructions, posted signs, and inquiries in
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees, and vendors.
- Availability to work twenty four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week.